Okay - so many of us have this
dilemma, but I need some help. What do you all do with your Christmas cards each year? I hate throwing away all these nice pictures, but I have no idea how to keep them or what to do with them. I've heard of someone making
place mats with their cards - laminating them, and using them. Please share your ideas of what you do with your cards!
8 comments:
I have a friend who scans them all then has a photo book printed. I could see doing that with wedding cards, but Christmas cards just aren't that important to me. I throw them away almost as soon as I finish reading them, unless the picture is unbearably cute. Then I stick it on the fridge for a couple days. I'm thinking about keeping baby announcements to make a book of baby faces. Hanne loves looking at baby faces.
I have a shoebox that I decorated that says Memories on it. When I am feeling homesick or missing friends far away, I flip through the box and feel connected. I also keep birthday cards and thank you notes in there as well. Nothing earth shattering but I am sure you know how hard it is to leave some really great friendships. In fact I just realized nearly all of my closest friends live in totally different states from me and eachother!
I cut out the pictures and put it in a little photo flip book. I usually put in my church bag and bring it to church. My kids love seeing pictures of their cousins and friends and its a pretty cheap and easy way to solve the problem.
Of course, this year, I cut out all the pictures and put them in a pile to place them in the photo album and my son got ahold of them and somehow they all ended up in the trash. Oh well. We'll try again next year!
I say make sure you've written down any addresses you don't already have (so this would mean hanging on to the envelope until you've done so ) and then chuck 'em. You'll be getting them all again next year, right? Also, someone else told me that she cuts the card in half and keeps the side with the picture on the outside (assuming it doesn't have any writing on that side) and then you send them as Christmas post cards in years to come.
Hey, Lisa! Wanna come visit?
Good thoughts guys! I would love to come and visit Ann! Then I could see your beautiful house and your amazing decorating skills. Maybe they would rub off on me!
That's funny you bring this up, I just heard about something you could do. This obviously won't work for some of your cards, but the children of St. Judes have a card donating program where you send in your card fronts and they make new backs and then send them out. It's for any occasion actually, not just Christmas.
We plan on doing this as soon as people start sending us actual cards and not just court summons and death threats.
Stick em in a shoe box and store them with your Christmas decorations and then look through them every couple of years--it's fun to see those old cards!
Post a Comment