
Two of my sister's in law and I and our kiddies went to the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield, CA. I have never smelled such a nauseating mix of sugary smells in my life. It didn't bother any of us but it has been known to induce nasty headaches, or so I've heard. It was really cool to see how those little things are made. I felt like I was on the Food Network show, Unwrapped. If you've never watched that show it is pretty interesting. Anyways - we had a fun time. I had forgotten how good Jelly Belly's are. I used to eat them all the time during my freshman year in college. I love eating them with the recipe list that tells you what flavors your eating. When I don't have the list I get all confused as I mix flavors not knowing what I'm eating. Unfortunately I seem to have misplaced my recipe booklet so I guess I'm out of luck with that. I also discovered that my new favorite Jelly Belly flavor is Dr. Pepper - so good!
I just noticed how nicely I crossed my legs at the ankles in that last picture - good thing I went to etiquette classes back in the day!

9 comments:
OOOOOOO grapefruit, and watermelon, and I too love Dr. Pepper. You have great taste!!!
And you have always been very proper! :)
I just caught up on a few of your last blogs. I just realized that I am not sure where you live. A bit embarassing I must say, but all the same, please let me know. I don't think it is possible for you to not take a beautiful picture also. You look wonderful! My blog is private, so I'll let you in if you email me.
Faaootoa@aol.com
That is a fun tour! My kids loved it too.
Good Job on your race!
Loved the pictures!! Thanks for having your camera there! Loved how lady-like you are... teach me a few tricks. :)
How funny is it that I just watched that jelly bean show on Unwrapped! Haha! Too bad I am not a jelly beaner.
I need to take my kids on a tour of the Mrs. Cavenaugh's chocolate factory by my house. Now THAT is a tour that sounds like fun!
Fun pics. Looked like a fun trip for you girls!
Happy Mother's Day!
you are really getting out and about in norcal. good for you! i was thinking about reading that atonement book, so it was good to see what you thought about it. good job on your running and thanks so much for all your help during our move!
Ok Lisa so if I had TV I would be addicted to Unwrapped on the food channel. I actually, this is a portion of a confessional here, used to be addicted to that show! Did you know that Doritos have to be tested on a crunchomitor? Ya, it's amazing. And 8 swirls on the top of a hostess cupcake. I'm brilliant now because of that show! A mind full of useless facts! Just what every woman needs right. I am actually quite jealous of your tour. Girls camp in the older days, we would eat those beans until we wanted to hurl! Ah the good old days!
That's awesome! I went there on a girl's roadtrip in college...funny that we'll be moving near there shortly. I can't wait to check things out in the area. We'll have to get together lots!!!
PS Don't you love the portraits of famous people made from Jelly Belly's???
Post a Comment