Sunday, April 27, 2008

Boys and their war wounds...

Why do boys love scars so much? It seems that for my husband a sporting event isn't truly played if he doesn't shed blood. The funny thing is that he has hesitated to play rugby again because he was worried about getting hurt. Here's what happened when he insisted on sliding into home during a friendly game of softball with his work team.


This is the next day after it's been cleaned twice. The crazy thing is, he slid into home and did the exact same thing to the same leg the week before. I don't think I'll ever understand!

6 comments:

Nicole Stucki said...

I know all about battle scars. I guess boys will just be boys. It was so much fun seeing you mom. I just love her. Your family is just so sweet. Could Maisy be any cuter? It looks like you had a great time in Vegas. I know that Abbi loved seeing you guys. Love the new look on your blog.

Lila said...

Ouch!

Rachel said...

YUCK!! I don't understand it either. I think it has something to do with war wounds, only the modern day sports version.

-KJ said...

EEEE! My legs hurt!

I will never figure it out either. Kev and his buddies get battle wounds all the time from cycling. The mountain biking wounds are always the worst. And they expect us to feel bad for them...pshht!

Tenille said...

Brady's legs always looked like that when he played football. Now he has just started playing in a city baseball league and came home all scratched up. Don't understand it all either.

Leslie said...

NICE!!! Ben is the same way. It's a Pride issue.