This is the dove in my beautiful tree surrounded by the blossoms!So this morning I woke up to a bunch of guys walking around my apartment building and a suspicious truck parked alongside the curb. Hold on, I should back up here, when I returned home from Vegas a few weeks ago (yes, I will be blogging about that soon) I noticed an orange dot spray painted on the tree outside my apartment window. I commented to John about it and he said maybe they marked it so they would prune it or something. I took him on his word for that since he knows more about most things than me but I had a bad feeling about it. Why would they mark a tree in bright orange spray paint that they were just going to prune, right? Well my worst fears came true. This morning they chopped my tree right down and then chopped it up even more in the big truck chopper thing they brought. I call this tree "my tree" because in some ways it has been my saving grace. For all of you who have ever lived in an apartment you know how cooped up you can feel. After having the baby and staying inside for the rainy winter months I was feeling very nature deprived. Then came spring and the tree outside my front room window started to blossom - it was so pretty. Then a dove came back to her nest and laid an egg and sat on it for a while. We took pictures! Once the egg hatched every morning I would wake up to birds chirping, I would go and open my windows wide and look at the blossoms and the birds. I honestly sang, "Popcorn popping" for Maisey almost every day. The blossoms fell off while I was in Vegas but nice fat green leaves replaced them. I could go on and on but the Nature channel I am not, so needless to say I really appreciated this tree and the small bit of nature it offered to my apartment existence. I am currently in mourning right now and need to get outside asap! No more tree - I still can't believe it.
9 comments:
You ARE alive. Too bad your tree isn't. :/
I can just hear you singing to Maisey. The most beautiful version of Popcorn ever, I am sure of it!
I feel bad your tree is gone, but just remember...YOU LIVE IN CALIFORNIA!!! Just in case you didn't know, I was screaming that at you. Beautiful year round you jerks!
You're lucky. This new post came just in time!
Man, that is a sad story. Do you know why they cut down your tree. Here in Oregon, there would have been tree huggers coming out of the word work to save that tree and the dove that lived in it!
I don't know why they cut down the tree. I have to find someone in charge to ask.
You should plant another one in it's place!!! Sorry they did that.
I am so sorry for your tragic loss lisa!! :) I know a place right near mine with lots of trees and nature to look at... we could get going on the paperwork right away! heehee!! :)
Glad you are back to blogging girl!
(sorry we didn't go visiting last night... Avery got a fever yesterday after church.)
that is a sad story. i hope the dove finds a new home. i know what you mean about the blossoms in spring, it is my absolute favorite time of the year.
How sad! We need to get you guys a new bonzai tree for comfort:) I can't wait to see you guys once finals are over! Maisey and I are going to become best friends!!
-Auntie Anne:)
that is so sad! I hope they replaced the tree with another one.
Your little girl is so cute! its fun to see you on blogger - looks like you were in Vegas where I live now! Crazy. Never thought I would live here but I really like it. I have thought about you a few times when driving around this crazy place and wondered where you grew up?
Oh and I love the comment about asking your husband about the tree and taking his word for it because he usually knows everything....same thing here! I was totally laughing during that part!
That is SO sad! Oh how I would hunt down those tree choppers and give them a piece of my mind!
Post a Comment