John running through the transition area.
After the race.

After the race.

I finally did a triathlon!! I've been wanting to do this for quite some time now and everything finally worked out. Last year John did the same event but I was 7 months pregnant and therefore couldn't participate. It is the shortest triathlon distance you can do with a 400 yard swim, an 8 mile bike ride, and a 2 mile run. John and I both finished in under an hour which was our goal. The best part was that I felt really good at the end. I wasn't totally wasted and I wanted to do another one. That is success for me at this point. Now I'm gearing up for another one before the end of the year and hopefully another event early next year. Thanks again to John's dad for coming with us and watching Maisey!
4 comments:
I don't think I could run up my street, So great job!
way to go lisa (and john). aren't tris fun? i loved it and really want to do more. i think we might do the rancho seco again next year, and maybe another one out here. i didn't realize how much i missed swimming.
Good job!! Glad to hear you guys did it and finished under the time you wanted!
Wow! I've always wanted to do a triathalon but thought they were too long...there's hope for me! Way to go, girl.
Post a Comment